- VTP Installer (18 MB) with basic data
That's it, just launch the programs (and documentation) from the VTP folder of your Start Menu.
On some Windows computers, you may get a message like "This application has failed to start.." when you run a VTP program. If so, you may need need to install:
- Microsoft's VC 2015 Redistributable Package
- The basic data includes only a few plant images. If you desire, you can download the Full Plant Library (80 MB), which you should unzip to your Data directory, e.g.
- Hawaii-demo.zip (32 MB) contains some demo data of the Island of Hawaii. Unzip it to your Data directory, and the next time you run Enviro, you should see the new terrain in your Startup dialog.
Older Windows versions:
- Windows XP: Many computers running XP experience a software hang in Enviro when leaving the Startup dialog. For this reason, XP is not recommended.
- Windows Vista: The VTP software works on Vista, but some compatibility problems have been reported with it. If you must install on Vista, do not install to the default location of
C:\Program Files\VTP. Instead, pick another location like
C:\VTP. That has been reported to reduce problems.
You will find documentation for each application in the Docs folder under each directory, and also documentation and tutorials online.
Please send questions, bug reports and all other feedback to the VTP Discussion List.