- "Building Extractor" application is/was part of the VTP software
- Reads USGS DRG (scanned
- Identifies the location of individual buildings, by looking for
the small black squares
- Also allows manual identification, manual extraction of larger
building footprints, and touchup
- Writes .VTST (Structure Files), which can be loaded by
Enviro, and the
- If the buildings in your DRG look like this, their locations can
be automatically extracted:
- If not, BExtractor can still be used to manually digitize the building
locations and footprints.
Runs on Windows machines only (because it was built on MFC).
Program and source code were available as part of the full VTP distribution,
but it has fallen into a bit of disrepair over the years.